First off, the Phillies played two yesterday. In one game, they beat the Braves 6-4 in Clearwater. In the other game, they tied the Rays 6-6 in Port Charlotte.
Now the news. Though he got the win yesterday, Dontrelle Willis got released today. Willis was 1-1, with a 16.88 ERA after yesterday, when he walked another batter. There are now 37 spots on the 40 man filled, and there is a clear path for the other lefties- Diekman, Savery, and Valdes.
Today's line-up is out, and Dom Brown is missing today's game with a sore neck again. Not a lot of regulars are heading down to Bradenton, but Jim Thome is playing first in minor league camp. For what it's worth, Frandsen is playing second and Galvis short today.
Some stats to remember, to the extent these stats mean anything- David Herndon 1.69 ERA, Scott Podsednik .333 with 4 doubles, Freddy Galvis .267, Placido Polanco 1 SB, Jim Thome .300, Juan Pierre .292, Lou Montanez .450, Scott Elarton 4.50 ERA, Joel Pineiro 4.50 ERA, Mike Schwimer 3.86 ERA, David Purcey 3.86 ERA.
Ok, so now, the projections-
- Line-Up- Rollins-SS, Polanco-3B, Utley-2B, Pence-RF, Victorino-CF, Mayberry-1B/LF, Nix/Wigginton- LF/1B, Ruiz-C
- Rotation- Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Worley, Blanton
- Bench- Nix/Wigginton, Schneider, Thome, Pierre, Galvis
- Bullpen- Papelbon, Bastardo, Qualls, Contreras, Kendrick, Stutes, Diekman
- DL- Howard
- Last 5 off- Podsednik, Savery, Martinez, Herndon, Brown