Well, the news of the day was a lack of news. There was a game, and they had all of three hits, and lost 6-0 to Boston. Galvis had a double and Montanez and Orr added singles, and well, that was it. Blanton was weak, and the only other big leaguer to throw was Qualls. Pretty much, they were lame.
The real fireworks in camp were Ruben Amaro being annoyed that he and Chase Utley are being accused of being secretive on Chase's knee injuries. I'm sympathetic to the team, in that why would you describe the injury status of your stars? Come on there. With that said, Ruben said a week before Chase left camp that he'd be playing to start the year, and so did Chase. Chase and the team said he was fine in 2008 as he slumped through the heart of the season, and in fact he had hip surgery right after the season. Chase wants to play through everything, and if he can, great. Frankly, at this point, I don't even want a timeline. I just want him to come back and not go on the DL three more times this year.
Ok, with that out of the way..... here's my roster prediction:
- Line-Up: Rollins-SS, Polanco-3B, Victorino-CF, Pence-RF, Mayberry-LF, Thome/Wigginton-1B, Ruiz-C, Galvis-2B
- Rotation: Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Worley, Blanton
- Bench: Thome/Wigginton, Nix, Schneider, Pierre, Orr
- Bullpen: Papelbon, Bastardo, Qualls, Kendrick, Stutes, Herndon, Savery
- DL: Howard, Utley, Martinez, Contreras
- Last Five Off: Podsednik, Diekman, Montanez, Valdes, Luna