All of this has people talking about Hector Luna making the team. Hey, don't rule it out. At the same time, don't expect Joe Thurston to make the team out of camp. I know they signed Thurston today, but he's not going to get the time to make it now. In fact, I think this team's almost set.
I think there's essentially three battles left, for four spots. There's the fifth outfielder and the utility spot left on the bench, and a battle for the last two bullpen slots. That's it. In each of these, there's a favorite. In fact, I think, barring a move (which may still happen), they're close to set.
Here's my roster:
- Line-up: Rollins-SS, Polanco-3B, Victorino-CF, Pence-RF, Mayberry-LF, Thome/Wigginton-1B, Ruiz-C, Galvis-2B
- Rotation: Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Worley, Blanton
- Bench: Schneider, Wigginton/Thome, Nix, Pierre, Orr
- Bullpen: Papelbon, Bastardo, Qualls, Kendrick, Stutes, Herndon, Savery
- DL: Howard, Utley, Martinez, Contreras
- Last 5 off: Podsednik, Luna, Valdes, Montanez, Kratz