Now that the Phillies have traded away Cole Hamels, Jonathan Papelbon, Jake Diekman, and Ben Revere, there's a ton of roster moves that followed. Obviously they start with all of these guys being removed from the roster. Here's what I have:
- Matt Harrison, obtained for Cole Hamels, has been added to the 40 man roster, and 25 man roster, and placed on the 15-Day Disabled List.
- Nick Pivetta, obtained in the deal for Papelbon, has been assigned to Reading.
- David Buchanan has been re-called from Lehigh Valley, replacing Cole Hamels in the rotation and on the 25 man roster.
- Aaron Harang came off the 15-Day DL, and replaced Jonathan Papelbon on the roster.
- Seth Rosin was outrighted off of the 40 man roster to AAA Lehigh Valley.
- Jerad Eickhoff, obtained for Cole Hamels, was assigned to AAA Lehigh Valley.
- Jordan Danks has been re-called from AAA Lehigh Valley to replace Ben Revere on the 25 man roster.
- Nick Williams and Jake Thompson, obtained in the Hamels trade, were assigned to Reading.
- Jorge Alfaro, obtained in the Hamels trade, was assigned to Reading, and placed on the 7-Day DL there.
- Dalier Hinojosa was added to the 40 man and 25 man rosters, and called up to replace Jake Diekman.
- Alfaro and Eickhoff were added to the 40 man roster.
- Jimmy Cordero, obtained for Ben Revere, was assigned to Reading.
- Alec Asher, obtained for Hamels, and Alberto Tirado, obtained for Revere, have not yet been assigned.
- Kelly Dugan was promoted to AAA Lehigh Valley.
Side note here- I can now spell Eickhoff and Asher. The IronPigs roster is now at 25 players, with Asher not yet assigned there, five players on the DL, and one player listed as a "reserve." Reading has 24 players, with 5 players on the DL, and one "temporary inactive" player. Clearwater has 25 players, with 3 on the DL. With two players to assign yet, the Phillies will need at least one roster move to make both fit. This now makes the big league roster:
- Starting Pitchers- Harang, Williams, Nola, Morgan, Buchanan
- Line-Up- Hernandez, Herrera, Franco, Howard, Brown, Asche, Galvis, Ruiz
- Bullpen- Giles, Garcia, De Fratus, Araujo, Gomez, Neris, Hinojosa
- Bench- Rupp, Blanco, Ruf, Francoeur, Danks
- 15 Day DL- Utley, Billingsley, Harrison
- 60 Day DL- Hollands, Lee, Pettibone
- 40 man, non-active: Biddle, Eickhoff, Gonzalez, Ogando, Rodriguez, Alfaro, Joseph, Altherr, Dugan
The Phillies have 37 of their 40 man slots filled right now. They have 25 of their 25 man spots filled.