The Phillies lost on Opening Day against the Boston Red Sox, 8-0. While it seemed like a barrage of negativity, here are some stats from the Opening Day Phillies loss. Some are good, some are not-so-good.
- Clay Buchholtz stats after 1st outing: 0 ERA, 9/1 (K/BB ratio), WHIP 0.57
- Team batted .217 against Hamels, but hit four home runs.
- Hanley Ramirez slugging percentage was 2.00 with his two home runs he hit.
- Dustin Pedoria’s slugging percentage was 1.80 with his two home runs he hit.
- Mookie Betts’s slugging percentage was 1.50 Boston’s On Base Percentage (OBP) .381
- David Ortiz and Pablo Sandoval struck out three times each.
- Cole Hamels stats after 1st outing: 7.20 ERA, 2/1 (K/BB ratio), WHIP 1.80
- Carlos Ruiz was the only Phillie to reach third base
- Team batted .130 against Buchholtz
- Philadelphia’s On Base Percentage (OBP) .161
- Jake Diekman’s ERA is 108.00 after allowing four runs in the ninth inning.